Thursday, December 25, 2008

Spring

Lets ignore the third part of my India-bound travelogue for the time-being. We have better things to discuss. Standing at the 24th winter of my life, it is natural that I discuss a few things that should matter to a 23-winters-experienced guy. The allusions should be clear by now. If it is jump to Para 3. If not read on.

Well career. Hmmm, by God's grace and my parents' untiring efforts and inspiration, I have a degree and am pursuing a few more :P (don't know for how long though). In fact, with all modesty, career has never been a very big cause of worry for me.

However, (the more intelligent guys were asked to come here) even though 23 winters have passed (the 24th one is in passing), 23 (?) springs have always been far behind. Or should I say that spring meant simple harmonic motion, Op-amp design for my spring semester examinations, getting my cycle seat-spring repaired from Gopalda, having a spring in my step (God knows why), Kempty Falls in Mussourie and the list is endless. Well, I would be lying if I say that I haven't tried my bit to appreciate "that" nuance of spring . Believe me, I have.

Probably during my 12th winter, Amitabh Bachchan preached that to sense "that spring" once you see that very special girl of your life, bells start chiming in your head (Amar Akbar Anthony). The preaching was iterated during my 14th, 15th, and 17th winters. For a considerable period of time, I was under the impression that that chiming was the true essence of "that spring".I stared at beautiful girls for long (I mean until they noticed), but not even an insect buzzed, leave alone bells. Amitabh Bachchan is a BLOODY LIAR.

There have been a plethora of preachings after that from several father and mother figures in numerous facets of life, but I could implement none of them. Imagine this: one of my endeavors was to feel a "sweet pain" in my heart if I want to embrace "that spring" during my 18th winter, but again I had a minor chest pain out of a breathing trouble, but believe me I couldn't associate my taste buds with it :(. In another instance, I attempted to live life in a dual mode. In other words, I tried to empathize with "that spring" in my 22nd winter but still, when that girl adored fried eggplants, while the empathizing me simply abhorred them, I had another liar in picture.

But the final nail in the coffin came in the present chilly winter from one individual whose truthfulness was exemplary for me till now. Mr. Shah Rukh Khan enunciated that one has to see God in the girl of your choice to experience "that spring". I was so moved by the sermon (well at least this was something new), I won't lie but I really started looking for God in the girl to have "that spring" in my step. I tried different locations but no. no, no.....although it did occur to me if I could see God in the girl, we would have Varanasi, Vatican City, Mecca vying for the top honeymoon locations...never mind, I couldn't see even a vahana (transport, generally animate forms) of God (no offence intended, hihi I can at times though), leave alone God. My idol even Mr.SRK turned out to be a BLOODY LIAR.

Waiting eagerly for the next sermon and a bit of truth for "that eternal spring"!!

3 comments:

swarnavo said...

dadu, you are gay, so you can never feel 'that spring' while staring at a girl

Vaga Bond said...

hilarious post !!

Ghochang-fu said...

Indeed...do you see "rab" while looking at loadu? :P