Saturday, February 13, 2010

Images

I have a project submission, a midterm as well as a tape-out in a few days from now. But, I don't quite feel like doing anything: just stare at the mirror in front of me or lie down on my 6' by 3' bed with my eyes closed allowing my mind playing it's unique Flicker/Picasa slideshow of some images.....
Images which started at a F-127 with some people reading some lines from longish monologues, images which initiated a month-long habit of some maddening tempo leading to bloody noses and a few substitutions in the final hour, images of a "wow..stud..wow" with a near 9.5GPA in the 1st semester with hardly a few hours gone into academics, images of a few wonderful cycle trips in the wee hours of Mahalaya, images of chicken gluttony at occasional feasts, images of thumkas and jhatkas on packed buses to the tunes of lechreous C-grade songs, images of some wonderful saves under the goalpost bar, images of some breathtaking dialogues with a supremely powerful voice on stage, images of long night-outs at Chhedis over Tinkus and tea, images of the most novel cheating modes during exams, images of a vehement protest over the superiority of "Partner" over "Raincoat", images of a name-tag suited to personality, images of group-mails with the weirdest of languages, images of virtual GPL's, images welcoming Las Vegas with a 13-strong group, images which put the rowdy fellow-passengers of a Greyhound bus to shame, images of eating every single item of the about 50-course dinner at the MGM Grand Royal Buffet, images which captured the frailties of sweet rom-coms like "Jaane Tu.....", images of posing in front of the Pacific Ocean in a Baywatch coast-guard car, images of cold water on a fainted me coming out of a LA metro bus, images of erogenous adventures at places-your-mom-wouldn't-allow-you-to-go, images of carrying cheap handbags/laptops from the US robbing the Indian customs of some sizable declarations, images of a name on my caller list 8 days ago, images of a gmail chat 10 days back staring at me on my........
I am sweating so profusely......
Images of a sudden call on a Saturday morning at a Ikea store with the Ikea cart balancing my almost free-falling weight, Images of checking Facebook/Orkut in 15-20 minutes for discovering all this to be a big lie.....

Images of a younger brother......

My bed is all so wet now.....

Images of voices/laughs/tempo shouts/monologues (Oh...these can be so real). Believe me, the world would be a bit smaller without all these even if we have more bombs, AK-47, mines trying their level best at substitutions.

But, why do you care?...in your usual nonchalance, you will still exclaim, "Orom hoy" (Shit happens)

7 comments:

Royal Stag said...

orom aar koto baar hobe? all i can recall is his narration of how you passed out while running after a shuttle or something in LA, to Sourish da on his wedding night.

ScrewDriver said...

shune matha kaharap hoye gelo re ! cant believe it even now

Ayan da

Ravi Bharihoke said...

very sad news :!

Ghochang-fu said...

First year-e shob dongol bnedhe room-e cinema dekhte ashto, shekhan theke final year'r Muktadhara...shei eki rokom pranobonto chhilo, shob kichhute shob theke beshi enthusiasm...last picnic-e toke, loadu-ke ar amake introduce korieychhilo shobbar shonge, mone achhe shei introduction?.....shei Ankik ar nei...

LA er bangali said...

Doing whatever he wanted to do, showing up at our apartment without any prior notice and demanding we should go to Vegas, or cook some food ,mocking me for failing my driving test rather badly and shouting (and smiling shyly at the same time) "Ki je bolo.." or "baje boko na to" whenever we suggested he should take a particular girl out on a date at the local starbucks..... a few of the moments that will never fade in my memory. Rest in peace is all we can say now, but when will these terrorists rest in peace?

anidea said...

I want to see that guy again, the guy who never complained about life, the guy who never regretted things he did, the guy who lived the present, the guy who was not content with being cheerful but was hell bent on making everyone else happy too. The guy who had an exceptional control over his mind, the guy who always gave good exams, the guy with whom I prepared for all exams I gave in my IIT life. The guy with whom I did all my IIT classes and sat with him for all the exams. The guy who proudly boasted to the whole campus that "Animesh and me are creating records in cheating in exams, nobody can cheat as confidently as we do, because we have a chemistry of our own."The guy with whom I worked, fought, struggled and succeeded in projects and labs. The guy, who set examples when he lived, right from day 1, nd was all over the campus through his 9 pointers, his dramatics ability, his being inter-IIT - an all-rounder in all sense. The guy who set the tempo in all atmospheres.

Ankik, you were an inspirer in my four years of IIT, and you will be one in my memory forever. Please sometimes give me a call and talk to me as you do, inspire me, motivate me, show me the right way, talk about having fun, plan the US tour all over again, remember the 9 days in Raipur, or the unforgettable moments we spent in IIT together. Tell me again that nothing is impossible as the way you did just 12 hours back from Pune. Ok, you won't, and this hard feeling makes me shaky, broken down, and injured, draining out almost any confidence that was left over. Please do call me again and say in ur usual nonchalant way, "Orom hoy". I crave for that.

here i'm said...

i just dont know what to tell.....speechless!!!

:(