Thursday, December 11, 2008

Travelogue-1

Its my blogging anniversary again!! Well, the pace at which I blog puts Aamir Khan movies at shame. Anyways... this blog is quite significant in its own right. I am penning this blog at John.F.Kennedy International Airport , New York waiting for my flight to New Delhi in about 7 hours time. I am being accompanied by a girl from Jamaica who goes to Princeton and is brooding over the "fucking hard questions they set in Princeton" and is contemplating choosing "history of science" over psychology. To stave off this overtly friendly lady's bickerings, I have my head-phones plugged in listening to some rhythmic hindi numbers!!
Anyways, I am excited to say the least. I am excited like anything. I AM GOING BACK TO INDIA. I am going to my motherland, to my very own Calcutta, to those serpentine lanes, to those tram lines, to those never-ending jams, to those fish curries, to those rashogollas and above all, be again with my ma-baba. Dying to eat the Hilsa Bhape cooked by my mom.

The first flight from LA to NY was quite drab , me getting the middle seat compressed on the window side by an elderly lady who never lifted her eyes from the 173rd page of her paperback novel (I read the entire page through my peeking eyes, but could not find anything so worthwhile to be mesmerized for 2hrs) and on the aisle seat by a middle-aged guy who swore at somebody throughout the entire flight. American domestic flights do not offer you food, so I had to be content with a cup of orange juice and a cup of water. I have always had problems with head-eye-ear aches while landing and this time it was no exception. The 2 degrees Celsius chilly NY greeted me with a literally cold shoulder. I wore gloves for the first time in my life. I had originally decided to go to Manhattan and enjoy the famed skyline, but the continuous drizzle accentuating the chill even more , forced me to decide against....oh no this girl will drive me crazy, now she's hell-bent on comparing the slumber party standards between Princeton and UCLA.Never mind, at least I have somebody to talk to.
Anyways, the JFK airport is bustling with life now. I hope to have something to eat now, and yeah definitely attend to nature's call. That has been a peculiarity of my air travels: I have attended to nature's call in all cities I have gone to: Frankfurt, Atlanta, LA, Singapore, Tokyo and NY is to be no exception!! :p

Now she wants to discuss about a lady's husband who "seems a bit weird in his behavior and why is he carrying 2 phones on him?"

Air travel is enjoyable...

2 comments:

ABHISHEK GANGULY said...

please update about the travel from ny to nd

ScrewDriver said...

well airports are the best places to leave a mark eh ...even me have attended to my natures call wherever i went